- I’m in an awkward limbo regarding my knee because of insurance. I can’t see a primary care physician until the 25th but I plan on calling every morning to see if there are any overnight cancellations so they can squeeze me in sooner. Only after that appointment can I get a referral for a new orthopedic surgeon, so that I can get approved for more PT instead of surgery. Meanwhile … all the progress I made at physical therapy goes down the crapper.
- I’ve been slacking on my PT homework. Bad Victoria!
- I think I’m going to schedule a million other doctors appointments while I’m at it. Maybe I’ll see a hematologist about my hereditary clotting issue? And a gyno because I really should (tmi don’t care). Finally affordable (free) healthcare; I’m going to take advantage!
- I want to start doing yoga again.
- I need to log less screen time and read more. Zero books have been read for 2014. that. is. unacceptable.
- I’m going off the grid for 4 days next week. I’ll be staying at a research station with no internet and spotty cell phone service doing conservation work outdoors all day. Lots of reflection and reading ahead!
- I’m planning a weekend getaway for the end of the month. Desert camping and gorgeous rock formations? yes please!
- After a weekend of sleeping next to someone, my bed feels lonely. Pillow spooning is just not the same.
- I made this dandelion root/cranberry/lemon water concoction that I plan on drinking a lot of (in addition to my regular water intake) over the next few days. I’ve been feeling bloated and gross and I’m hoping it will help because drinking lots of regular water hasn’t.
I think that’s all I’ve got for you. I should go to the gym and cook delicious food tomorrow … and post selfies of course.
Lunch: Sprouted multigrain bread, eggplant hummus, pepperjack cheese, heirloom tomatoes, spinach, and red onion with some pita chips on the side.
Tonight I went digging for inspiration on my old sparkpeople blog. Everything was new and exciting back then. I had just fallen in love with running. I did Jillian Michaels videos every day. I used a HRM to track calories burned. I recorded every single calorie that went into my mouth and almost always stayed within a 1300-1600 calories range. No wonder I was losing weight, that deficit must have been crazy.
I wish I could have that motivation again. But the “novelty” of weight loss wore off. sigh. … 103rd time’s the charm?
Photos from my weekend. Oh man why did it have to end …
Hiking, wine tasting & picnic lunch, brewery tour & tasting, & just a little bit of climbing. I also got to meet and hang out with some of his friends (such cool peeps). I was cooked for the entire weekend … including some homemade dim sum! I never posted photos of it on here, but I made him some delicious oreo on the bottom, cream cheese frosting cupcakes from scratch. He said it was the best birthday he’s ever had. Yes. Success.
Volunteer day. Check.
Shower. To do.
Gas. To do.
2.5 hour drive to the coast. To do.
The boy. To do.
;) heh. See what I did there?
Overnight Chocolate Coffee Chia Breakfast Pudding (paleomg recipe will link later)
I was super excited for this, but it was only just ok. I think it needed more liquid. I made two servings, so it’s breakfast tomorrow too.
Ain’t I the cutest? It’s the dimples … and the silly straw in my blueberry coconut smoothie.