- Not sure if the hip flexor is feeling better …. or if all the ibuprofen is masking it. Maybe I can actually hike this weekend? YAY
- Tomorrow is the 2nd to last day working with my high school interns. They’ve learned so much these past two weeks. *proud tears*
- Pie crusts (2 tops, 2 bottoms) are chillin in the fridge. Going to make Himalayan blackberry pie. EAT ALL THE INVASIVE SPECIES!
- Also made some chia seed energy bars. also chillin in in the fridge. Will report on them with recipe tomorrow.
- I can’t stop thinking about food. LCHF has me excited about so many recipes
- But I’m never hungry just fyi.
- Tonight I cleaned the labels off two spent glass peanut butter jars. I love drinking/eating out of peanut butter jars. Screw mason jars.
Dis be my breakfast. Same ol same ol.
— Huna Healing Class (via thedapperproject)
Currently have an ice pack on my groin. The hip flexor pain has gotten worse. I now have pain when getting into/out of the car (lifting my left leg). Also have pain in my hip flexor if I try to bend my knee to my chest while lying down. Hiking today for work probably didn’t help things. Thank goodness I was bringing up the rear … I was grimacing the entire time.
What did I do to deserve this? What did I even do to acquire this injury?!
twentythreetolife said: Have you tried foam rolling your IT band and lower back? Some of my hip pain is actually related to my back. Hope you’re feeling better soon!
I wish I had a foam roller Ally! I suppose I could go to the gym and use it … but I also feel like I should rest it … and going to the gym just to foam roll is silly. blah.
Here’s the thing guys. I have a pretty high pain tolerance. This is the girl who ignored a near complete PCL tear for a month because she thought the swelling would go down. But I knew exactly when I got that injury (there was a picture and everything) … this stupid thing, no clue. At least I still have some prescription strength ibuprofen from the tear …
I guess I’m just pissed that I’m probably not going to be able to go hiking in mineral king this weekend. I’m just going to have to sit at camp and day drink. ughhhhhhh hiking is more my style.
Ice. Awkward Check.
Compress? How the eff do I compress that?
Elevate? Also awkward and lifting my leg hurts.
strained hip flexors. how on earth did I manage this? My left hip flexor has been hurting for over a week now. I thought it would go away. Stretching doesn’t help. Hiking is annoyingly painful.
It better go away before I spend the weekend camping/adventuring up in the park.
Oh hey look, I made low carb Stromboli.
Filled with cheddar and turkey. So delicious! I was craving pizza.
Planning more trails in the foothills! Today was surprisingly cool (high 80s with a breeze). Why yes that is bacon (jerky) as a trail snack!