- I am poor, I exist, and I’m right here. Hi! Many people who meet and get to know me without knowing my background are rather surprised to find this out. It matters to me on a very personal level when people do things like make nasty comments or assumptions about poor people, or assume that…
I can relate to this. In case you were curious about my background … this about sums it up.
There were like 150 people at my bat education event tonight!!!!
Winning so hard!
Mid afternoon coffee date!
- I’m working an event at the nature preserve tonight. I got a lady from the zoo to come and give her locally famous bat presentation. Then we’ll go for a walk around the preserve looking for bats. I’ve worked really hard to publicize the event. I can’t wait to see how many people come out to learn about these awesome and important mammals! *fingers crossed it goes well*
- I’ve been eating low carb high fat for about a week now and I’m down almost 5 pounds! I know most of that is water weight, but I’m feeling SO much better. I’m not hungry, I don’t feel like my blood sugar is jumping all over the place, and I’ve noticed improvements in some other areas that would be TMI to share. I hesitated even announcing that I’m trying LCHF … because I have a tendency to fail immediatley after making these types of announcements. But I feel good … and I can see myself continuing this for a while. I’ve been watching lectures and reading research articles on the topic and I feel confident in my decision.
- I haven’t been to the gym at all this month. The main reason being that I’ve been hiking a lot for work in addition to recreationally. Plus I’ve been trying to focus on the diet thing. But I’m going to try and get back to the gym soon. I miss rowing and HIIT.
- My goal for tomorrow is to finish a couple more job applications and mail a scholarship application.
- My uncle gave me a chair and a seat weaving kit last month, and I really want to start working on it tomorrow. Eventually I’m going to learn some more advanced chair caning!
- I really want to buy Quest bars … but they’re so freakin’ expensive!
- I’ve been having more good days that bad days lately. I haven’t had those feelings of loneliness in a while. Feelin confident and happy spending time with me, myself, and I. And I’ve been feeling more optimistic about my future; I’ll figure it out … and it’ll be awesome.
Hope you’re having a great weekend tumblr!
Cream Cheese Chicken: I don’t care if it looks less than appetizing, this was BOMB. SO GOOD. fall off the bone delicious!
Spinach and cheddar omelet, turkey sausage, and guacamole. Coffee.
Mug expression perhaps the most accurate of all: one dimpled smirk. (Fun fact I only have a dimple on my right cheek when I smile)
Jumping on the “post six photos of yourself where you feel beautiful” thing. Is there a theme to these photos? Yup! True beauty comes from the happiness of doing what you love.
- Playing ice hockey. Pic from my college days, where I played on the club team. Ice hockey is a part of who I am. It’s been the family sport for multiple generations. It’s rooted in me like nothing else. My kids will play hockey.
- More skating … this time on roller skates. Playing derby made me feel strong. I really miss it. But a PCL tear from the night that photo was taken put my derby career on hold for a little while.
- Running a half marathon, one of the things I’m most proud of to date.
- A winter ascent of Mt. Washington, an accomplishment by itself. But I did it despite coming down with a cold the day before. I really didn’t think I could make it to the top, but I did. And boy was I proud.
- Birds. I love studying them. I miss field work. I hope to get back into that soon. Here’s to grad school dreams!
- Hiking and the mountains … will always be my happy place.
Consider yourself tagged. YES YOU. I want to know what makes you tick, what makes you beautiful. :)