- Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Cookies. I have gift. A dangerous gift. Made half for an office birthday, the other half of the dough is chillin in the fridge. I’ll probably bake the rest tomorrow morning.
- I got to watch a native american blessing at our preserve this morning. It was given by an elder who is the last native speaker in her tribe. Her story (to make a dictionary and save her language) was recently featured by the nytimes. Maybe you saw it. Inspiring. Adorable little old lady.
- I’m so excited to go backpacking. I just hope it’s not too crowded given the holiday weekend.
- I take so much food when I go backpacking. I take too much food. I just spent so much on food.
- I’m getting an IUD put in tomorrow … which is probably not good timing … but it’s the only time I could get in for an appointment. I have to jump through so many hoops with my insurance. No babies trumps comfort on a backpacking trip. Maybe I’ll get lucky and it won’t be that bad? I think I have a high pain tolerance … plus that’s what ibuprofen is for
- If it’s bad … I’ll just eat all of my dark chocolate salted caramel cookies.
1. Favorite item that has meaning behind it?
Jeeze. This is a hard one. I can’t think of anything … I’ll try and answer this later …
2. If you could swim in the ocean, an alpine lake, or float down the river, which would you choose?
alpine lake! so refreshing … and I should be swimming in two this weekend! :)
3. Whats one hobby you’ve always wanted to try but havent gotten around to it?
knitting! I wanna make hats and blankets like all the cool kids … and my nana would be smiling from heaven.
4. What do you find most attractive?
Besides beards? ;) … confidence. Not cocky confidence, just a willingness to take charge, be friendly to strangers, not being afraid to ask for help … confidence like that. Also, someone who listens and listens well… and then randomly two months down the road remembers when I said I had never done ___ but always wanted to and plans something like that as a surprise.
5. Favorite tree?
weeping willow! got one tattooed on my right shoulder.
6. Coffee or tea?
7. Do ya have a tumblr crush?
pretty sure backcountryranger has actually been my top tumblr crush consistently for over a year now. Plus he’s just plain awesome … and I really hope I get to meet him in person someday!
8. Have you ever been to a national park? Which one(s)?
Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Yosemite, Pinnacles (am I forgetting some? is that really it?)
9. Whats your guilty pleasure?
trashy/dumb/pointless reality television (dual survival, get out alive, wife swap, dating naked, 4 weddings, kitchen nightmares, total blackout, face-off, dance moms, silent library, etc.) … every freakin’ genre … I blame my family … that was all they’d watch … hahhaha
10. Are you a hopeless romantic?
yup. as much as I wish I wasn’t sometimes.
11. What song have you really been diggin lately?
Anothers arms-Coldplay (depressing … I know)
1. If you could have a weird/non-traditional superpower, what would it be?
2. What’s your proudest moment or greatest achievement so far?
3. Do you collect anything? Have you ever?
4. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
5. Biggest pet peeve?
6. Favorite holiday?
7. Best date you’ve ever been on?
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?
9. What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
10. Favorite ice cream flavor?
11. What’s your favorite board game? (or one from childhood?)
And I tag…..
Turkey burger with fresh guac and green beans.
Basic and oh so delicious. Having some of that chocolate frosting for dessert. That stuff is crack. Seriously. Go mix some coconut cream (the thick part of coconut milk) with cocoa powder. It’s heaven.
5000m row, slow and steady. I really tried to keep my pace consistent. Pic is just for proof … even though I know the stats on it are pointless.
I think this is 11/23 … that leaves me 15 days to get in 12 workouts. (23rd bday) We’ll see. Still going to try.
my heart. the boy might come backpacking this weekend. stop. is real life?